Monday, September 6, 2010

Magazine Mondays!


All these pictures above are of the different magazine articles I wanted to share.

The top left side is a article from Womans Day (October 7th, 2008).  This article is about Halloween and how to do some cute crafts for the holiday! I love fall and I love to decorate for it and all the holiday during fall! I also put candy corn in a jar around Halloween and I loved the way this article shows it displayed!  I also love that it gives tips from websites that are helpful! Here are some of the links: JACK-O-LANTERN.COM  CRAYOLA.COM/HALLOWEEN   WILTON.COM   FRIGHTCATALOG.COM

Hope those links are helpful to you this fall!

The top right hand side is a article I found when I was pregnant with MacKenzie. I thought these babies looked so cute in their customes! I kept it just incase I liked one of the ideas for her when it was time for her first Halloween! The only problem is I like the one in the top left (Baby Bug-Gymboree's Glow Worm $30) and it's much too warm for here in Hawaii! I need to find a custome that doesn't keep her warm! This is a hard thing I just found out, over the weekend I went shopping for a custome and well I ended up with nothing so far! I may just have to make her one! This article was from AmericanBaby Magazine (October 2009).

The next two in the middle are Halloween Crafts! I kept these to do later and I'm glad I kept them because they are so adorable! The article came from Womens Day Magazine (October 2.2007) For more Halloween crafts from Womens Day go to womanday.com/halloween 

The next article is from Real Simple Magazine (April 2008).  This article was about Fabric Fundamentals! I love articles like these! They really help out a home maker!
This article has tips on fabrics such as: Linen, Cotton, Synethetics, Wool, Silk, and Rayon.
Tips:
Wool - Use Cedar hangers to repel moths.
Silk - Test for colorfastness
Rayon - Iron when slightly damp
Cotton- Sun yellows it: line dry in shade.
Synthetics - Use fabric softner to curb static
Linen - Dry-Clean or hand wash in cold with mild detergent. Air-Dry. Or machine wash on gentle.

My own tips for baby clothing:
1) Wash in mild detergents for babies sensitive skin
2) Use a dryer ball not fabric softner
3) Wash seperate from all other household laundry
4) Wash soiled clothing seperate and make sure to pre-rinse
5) Hang out clothing that has stains in the sun it normally will remove stains (this can lead to a lighter or more yellow color to the overall outfit but better than a huge spot!)


No comments:

Post a Comment