Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Love for Reading...

I have loved reading for as long as I can remember. I think my mom inspired me by buying me a new book every week, the bookshelf I had was floor to ceiling full of books! Of course I am doing the same thing for my daughter and she loves reading as well! 

My current reading list:
Unlikely Angel
By Ashley Smith
- I am almost done with this book and so far I am loving it! It's a true story about a mom from the South who was held hostage and she herself wasn't exactly an angel but she was trying to better herself, as you read you feel connected with her and even more if you are a mom.  This book has led me to want to read another book that I've been looking at reading for sometime (The Purpose Driven Life)
The Purpose Driven Life
By Rick Warren
-Just went out and got myself and mother a copy and can't wait to start reading it! You are suppose to read this book with a partner and my mom is choice for a partner for this, it's a great way to connect far away and a great way for us to keep each other reading our devotions each day.
A Child Called It
-I read this book before and I have all the books in the series and I didn't have my copy for a couple years because I loaned it out and didn't get it returned. (this is why I don't loan out books anymore) I went and got another copy and I will read it as soon as I get done with the other too...I need to remind myself of what happened in this first book before reading the others after this. This book is great for people going into social services careers where you may be working with child abuse cases. This child in this story has one of the worse abuse cases ever reported in the state of California. From what I remember in this book it completely disgusted me but it opened my eyes to what some go thru or what some have went thru in their lives and it gave me much empathy for others.*

*You never know what someones situation is and why they may act like they do. I feel it is good to always try to understand others and their ways and not judge them, we are all here on this same earth with something in common we are all humans and we all have our own differences but those differences shouldn't make us hate one another but to add interest to each other lives...I often don't get mad at people when they do things I dislike, I just start to wonder why? why? why? this takes me from the awful place of hating someone and to the place of just figuring them out (likely why I choose my field of study -psychology) some people say they would be scared to work with people who are so called "crazy" well guess what we run into these so called "crazy" people in our everyday life and well they are able to reek much more havoc on our lives than a patient in a mental facility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment